Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Exotic Apple Soap


I did it, I glitter topped soap. Hooray! Sort of? You know that unsteady, uneven hand I mentioned? It can't do glitter. I was going for a glint of light sparkle, but my hand buckled under the pressure and I ended up with a sparkly explosion! All over haha. Unbeknownst to me glitter is something you find in strip clubs, specifically on exotic dancers (learn something new every day!) But that's the kind of thing a guy would point out when you showed him these soap pictures.
I had a .8oz sample of Red Apple Fragrance (Bramble Berry) and wanted to try it. I have a new adorable 20oz mold that was dying for the task.

I recently picked up some Jonathan apples at the store, my favorite apples! They are so pretty and only available in fall so they are a treat. They were the inspiration for this soap.



I insulated this soap thinking 16oz couldn't POSSIBLY gel without help. Well not only did it gel but I got a couple small heat tunnels. Meh, live and learn. It smells edibley-delicious and these were made just for moi anyway. OH! Almost forgot. If you mini-panic and think your red isn't red enough... stop. breathe. and certainly don't haphazardly dash in some red 40 powder colorant. Because only silly people would do that. Silly=me. (Thus the specks of not properly dispersed colorant)

No comments :

Post a Comment