Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Baby Cakes Coconut Oil Soap

The other day I started to wonder if the salt in the salt bar is really what I love, or is it the formula? Formula being mostly coconut oil with a little shea butter and superfatted to 20%. So I made a coconut oil soap salt bar, sans salt.
I used two Nurture Soap Supplies micas, Flamingo pink and Sunshine yellow. I used Wholesale Supplies Plus fragrance "Baby". It's a Philosophy dupe. It behaved really well! Pretty slow and no real discoloring. I made this in my silicone round bar mold but wanted some kind of cute design. I've seen a swirl where you draw lines across the mold cavity and swirl them with a skewer. So I tried it.

I planned to set aside 2oz soap for each color, but at the last minute felt that was too much. I knocked it down to just one ounce and added a very small amount of color, I wanted a pastel top. I planned to do an x of pink then another x of yellow in an asterisk shape, then swirl clockwise from the center out.

Well, one ounce of soap was just about half as much as I needed! Haha! Also I accidentally put the wrong top on one squeeze bottle (it has a wider opening) but didn't notice it until it was too late. So the yellow are not as dainty as the pink. Next time, 2+ ounces of soap...

By the last one I had it down, this one is very cute and cake-like.

Doesn't look much different out of the mold!

No comments :

Post a Comment