Thursday, January 9, 2014

Neon Rose Soap

Another peacock swirl! This time with warm colors instead of cool.
I wanted pink, red, yellow and purple. I got mostly neon orange-red. I mixed a red for the
Wavelength soap and tried to recreate it, but accidentally added much too much neon red colorant. Whoopsie! I scented it with Bramble Berry's English Rose and Wholesale Supplies Plus Green Apple. Mostly apple and went pretty light on the rose. That is a very strong rose. It smells good, but can almost be too much. I had read the apple-rose mixture in a review on Bramble Berry for this rose fragrance and was intrigued! It really sweetens and mellows this rose. The rose cancels a lot of the apple's sweet tart notes. Basically they compliment each other wonderfully!
So, Neon Rose. Like this... ? Haha!

The first three micas are from Nurture Soap Supplies. The coral mica and dark red mica in the red mixture are from Bramble Berry and the neon red is from TKB trading.

I left the base uncolored. Mostly because I couldn't think of a complimentary color to make it. I added the fragrance mix to the base only because the rose is known to accelerate. It didn't move too fast for me, but it did stiffen up when left undisturbed for a few minutes.

My starting lines are always much more distinct and thick.

Then I get sloppy!

My soap comb lost a tooth right before this so I had to fill that missing space in using the skewer. My peacock-ifying was also more sloppy than before, but I think it just makes it look more psychedelic with the neon.

Below is just before cutting. I sprayed it with rubbing alcohol and covered it, but got some condensation dripping onto the soap which made a weird patch. But hardly noticeable. Also I'd take that over soda ash!

Cut! The colors stayed the same as when poured!

No comments :

Post a Comment