Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Amber Swirl Soap

I settled on a dark red and ivory/whitish soap to compliment that brown. I didn't have any real plan for this soap except to use almond milk as the liquid and Bramble Berry's Amber as the fragrance. It smells divine. Really, I am in love with it. It discolors to a warm caramel-like brown according to Bramble Berry's pictures.

I settled on a dark red and ivory/whitish soap to compliment that brown.

The milk behaved beautifully and didn't even seem as brown in the soap as it did frozen! This is after I poured the fragrance into the uncolored soap, it went instantly yellow. It did not do anything else though and behaved like a champ!

I set aside 6oz of soap for each color. Adding dispersed titanium dioxide to one, and 1/4 tsp. dispersed Red Vibrance to the other. (You can see how very yellow the base soap is here!)

I literally did not have a design plan haha! I poured each color in straight down the middle, not really being precise about pour amounts.

Nearing the end I had the foresight to save a little white and red to try a Taiwan Swirl.

Woot! I really like it! The yellow/scented soap got mostly hidden, but I love the fine wispy lines on top of white and red! A couple days later the yellow soap is still yellow. Crossing my fingers it will continue to discolor to a brown.

Here it is a couple of weeks later! Fully discolored :)

The top swirl. Neato! Also this smells so so good.

No comments :

Post a Comment