Thursday, March 13, 2014

Snuggly Nights Soap

Peacock swirl in a loaf mold? Yes you can!
My good friend's fiancé named this soap! 'Snuggly' because clean cotton, and 'nights' because it reminded him of Van Gogh's Starry Night. What a compliment! Also what a perfect name <3

I made sure my soap comb fit, perfect.

I picked Vintage Grey Mica from Bramble Berry, Blue Vibrance Mica from Nurture Soap, and Crucible Gold Mica from TKB Trading. I wanted a clean look, but not just blue or white since I did that recently here.

I used 1.43oz of Wholesale Supplies Plus Clean Cotton. It smells very nice and unisex.

Holy ricer alert! Below is a heavily stick blended white base. I measured out 4 squeeze bottles of soap, one for each mica and one to be used as white. Then added the fragrance to the remaining soap at a very thin trace. It riced instantly. I was able to stick blend it back to smoothness, but at the cost of the texture... It was very thick and hard to make it nice and smooth in the mold.

I started wildly (you can see the mess) do the colored lines across the mold, not wanting the base to turn solid while I worked!

Luckily the comb slid through the base soap fine and I didn't get any bad bubbles.

It's a very short peacock swirl, but it still adds awesome-ness to the tops of the bars. I used a little less than half of the batch divided into the colored portions, so the top is nice and thick.

What a beaut. Even with a tricky fragrance. I don't think I can stress this enough, you CAN do a crazy top design with a crazy fragrance. Just don't fragrance the design and start with a very thin trace. Happy soaping!

No comments :

Post a Comment