Friday, January 18, 2019

Everything Seasoning


Everything seasoning is everywhere! I think thanks to Trader Joes “Everything but the Bagel seasoning”. It’s probably cheaper to buy that if you don’t have the spices on hand, or live close to a Trader Joes. But I do have the spices and don’t live by a TJs. Also, shocker, I like to customize it. It’s INSANELY EASY to tweak to your personal tastes. I add caraway seeds because I like that taste, I don’t add traditional poppy seeds, because I don’t think they taste like anything. I up the salt and onion/garlic ratio and add both white and black sesame seeds.
To note, if you are not planning on using this in baking, like making your own bagels, I highly suggest toasting it. Blend everything together and give it a quick toast in a non-stick pan until the white sesame seeds, onion & garlic appear browned. It will make the flavor literally 1000 times better.
Here are the proportions I suggest, but please just use this as a template if anything seems too high or too low for your tastes! Then put it on so many things… eggs, sushi bowls, avocado toast, pasta, sliced tomatoes, etc.

EVERYTHING SEASONING

1 tbsp. white sesame seeds
1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbsp. dried minced garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. dried minced onion
1 tbsp. Caraway seeds
1 tbsp. flaked sea salt (like Maldon)
Optional: 1 tbsp. poppy seeds

No comments :

Post a Comment