Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Mold! Woot!

For Christmas I asked my Dad for a custom wooden soap mold, specifically with the interior measurements of 8"x2.5"x3.5". I wanted a mold that was able to make a tall rectangle or a square bar.
I picked it up from him last weekend and made soap in it twice! I love it! He did a killer job and the size is so fun. It's screwed together-no glue-and made of all unfinished wood scraps he already had. I use the Soap Queen method for lining a wooden mold. I have a small rotary paper trimmer that makes creating straight edges really easy. However it is only large enough to line small molds, but that's what I have!

It kind of reminds me of a Sandcrawler from Star Wars haha.

He made it with one end removable for easy soap unmolding.

On my slab mold I line with two full pieces, but this is easier to do two end caps and one full piece since it's long. They never line up perfectly, but I've realized they don't have to. A soap mold is better soap stained and scrubbed than pristine anyway ;)

Lined and ready for the party! I'm excited to play with this!

No comments :

Post a Comment