Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bee Meadow Soap

Another crack at layers! After Foamy Waves went so well I wanted to try again. I bought Bramble Berry's Wildflower Honey fragrance oil and have been really excited to use it. Oh man, it smells like a fresh bouquet of wildflowers. This is the best and truly most transporting (it reminds me of something in my childhood) floral I have smelled yet. I don't get any honey notes, but if I were a bee I would be all over that smell.
I thought it would look very sweet with pastel colors, so I went the other direction! I used some bright colors instead since it seemed like the less obvious thing to do and therefore more fun.

 pink is Fandango pink mica and the green is Lime green mica, both from Nurture Soap Supplies. The blue is Coral Reef Blue from TKB Trading.

The fragrance! I used the Bramble Berry Fragrance Calculator and was surprised to see that in 30oz of soap only .90oz is recommended for a strong scent! Score, this 2oz fragrance bottle will live to see another soap batch!

There is no mention of acceleration despite this being a floral but I still added it to divided colored soap at the very end instead of risking any bad behavior before coloring.

It behaved like a model student. I needed to individually stick blend each container to a thicker trace!

I tapped this down again to try to avoid bubbles, but was more careful about maintaining my nice line.


To good effect! No messiness between layers! Not as many bubbles and little to no weird dark spots discoloring it. (You better believe I blended that kaolin like it was my job). These went through gel phase and the fragrance is still as pretty as in the bottle. I can't wait to see how they cure up!

No comments :

Post a Comment