Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Preserved Lemons


Preserved lemons. They are so easy to make, why wouldn’t you. Even though lemons are $.59 a piece at the grocery store (ugh- highway robbery!) it’s still an affordable project. Recipe for roast chicken with preserved lemons to follow- as soon as Denver weather dips into cozy territory where a blast of oven heat to the face is a nice feeling.
Scroll through for procedure pictures. You won't find a recipe here as The Daring Gourmet says it all best- and that is the recipe I used. So hop on over there for the nuts and bolts.

I didn’t use Meyer lemons, and I didn’t wash them in vinegar. I did buy organic regular ol’ lemons and scrub them with soap and rinse many times.




I mashed them down with my cocktail muddler. It worked really well.


I had fresh lemon juice in the fridge, so I topped it off with that instead of water.


And here we go! Three-ish weeks from now I'll be cracking these open to taste test!

No comments :

Post a Comment