Monday, February 20, 2017

Taco Seasoning


Something quick today, homemade taco seasoning! Over the super bowl I made some beef nachos that called for taco seasoning. I wrote it on my grocery list then scribbled it out. Why buy something if you already have the spices to make it!? If you also have these spices on hand I recommend making your own. You can control the salt level, and heat level. Plus this spice blend isn’t just for tacos. Add it to burrito meat or enchilada meat. Or just season some chicken or fish with it.
The below recipe is only slightly adapted from this recipe on Food Renegade. I added more onion powder, more oregano, less salt and eliminated the black pepper. This makes just about three tablespoons of seasoning. I would use all of that in one pound of ground beef. Use your best judgement though, not everyone cares for that much spice.

TACO SEASONING

1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Salt

No comments :

Post a Comment