Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Misty Forest Soap


I did another palm-free recipe here, same as the one for the Margarita Lime soap. I got a little acceleration, I assume from the fragrances. I have so many little amounts of fragrance that are not enough to make a whole batch from. Some that I don't really think are actually good enough to want to make a whole batch from! I combined all three of these Crafter's Choice fragrances. 1.73oz Frasier Fir, .99oz Clean Cotton and .40oz Abalone & Sea (I only used 1.40oz of this mix) . The fir needle was kind of a wild card in this trio, the other two smelling fairly similar and clean. It came out nicely! Like a clean fir tree, not overwhelmingly fir needle smelling.




I divided the soap into three equal amounts and colored them with 1 teaspoon each of the colorants (dispersed in oil subtracted from the soap formulation oil).

Oooo pretty.

I have an excuse for no design pictures. Things started speeding up! I was doing a faux funnel and that doesn't take quite as well to super thick soap. One thing I did differently was to pile up the thick soap on top. I see a lot of soapers do this, but I never get that thick of a trace. This time I did and I really like it!

I'm very pleased with the bright clear colors of this soap. They go really well with the bright clear fragrance. It totally got hot and gelled, so I'm sure that helped it really pop.

I sprayed this soap with rubbing alcohol and covered with plastic wrap, then the wooden mold top. I've done that the last three times and I haven't even had a hint of soda ash. I did pile this a tad high and it touched the plastic wrap some, but it didn't completely crush the top.



No comments :

Post a Comment